EMCO Technologies has been a part of the technology world for 50 years. Having begun as a Motorola radio repair shop in 1962 the company has changed with the times and remained a leader in the technology marketplace.
Through it all, EMCO Technologies has never lost sight of its true purpose: to bring the latest in communications, information technology, and emergency notification to the marketplace in effective and innovative ways.That’s good business. That’s EMCO Technologies
The core of EMCO’s resource capabilities is the company owned 23,000 square foot facility located at 8900 South Choctaw Drive in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This facility houses the company’s internal practice area personnel which includes executive management, sales, administrative, accounting, service, service logistics, warehousing and support. Resources are available to handle statement of work assessment and proposal creation, project management, order processing, on-site personnel time entry, invoicing and dispatch. The company’s 4000 square foot facility in Hammond, LA and 5,000 square foot facility in LaPorte, TX (near Johnson Space Center) provides field service management, service logistics and warehousing for projects in the East Louisiana / Southern Mississippi and Houston, TX areas.
EMCO’s executive management resides in the corporate office in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and is involved on a daily basis with all aspects of the organizational structure. Experienced management personnel who have an immediate escalation path to executive management closely monitor all work efforts from the field, as well as headquarters. EMCO clients have the ability to quickly escalate any issues that arise directly to executive management.
The sales and service personnel work closely together to insure viability and practicality of any solution delivered to clients. Technical engineers are brought into the cycle early to insure that a credible, sound technical solution is presented. The EMCO technical
managers also have gained considerable project management experience through the large deployment and support contracts with several high visibility customers that have been EMCO customers for many years.
Technical management interfaces with on-site deployment and/or on-going engineering support personnel on a regular basis. Concentrated effort is given to all aspects of a project. While many companies focus simply on the technical aspect of a project, EMCO, through the experience gained in the petrochemical environment, follows strict established guidelines and codes for employee safety and security and has won numerous awards for safety performance. This same attention is paid to the assets of the client, whether they are personnel or hardware/software/data. Time reporting of hours worked are submitted to accounting with audit by technical management before invoice processing. Client acceptance/sign-off for work performed is carefully monitored.
Having over 300 technical resources has allowed EMCO to reach the critical mass necessary to effectively allocate our personnel across many simultaneous projects. When projects require additional resources, extensive screening by technical and executive management is used to ensure the appropriate level of technical expertise, competence and security. This screening includes controlled substance testing and background verification. An assessment of personality and the ability to fit to the client’s information technology culture and environment is always considered important and plays a large role in the final selection of additional resources. EMCO has a superb record of placing the right person into the right project.
EMCO has been providing value that exceeds customer expectation on a variety of projects in the information technology support services area. Specifically, these examples show our in-depth knowledge of how to support large information technology environments.
“To build our company and communities providing high quality products and services in the communications and information technology industries with integrity and in a Godly manner.”
To our customers
- Meet and exceed our customer’s expectations for high quality equipment and services at a fair price.
- Design scalable solutions for customer’s needs that solve current issues with growth potential for the future.
- Demonstrate continuing innovation and responsiveness to our customer’s needs through continuing to expand our selection of high quality services and equipment that have a positive impact on key business objectives.
- Maintain the integrity we established and have maintained for over 45 years and never compromise principles of fairness, quality and safety.
To our employee family
- Provide a safe and positive environment for our employees.
- Provide an environment that encourages employees to develop to their greatest potential through education and opportunity.
- Provide a culture that allows employees to share in the company’s success.
To our community
Serve our fellow citizens through corporate gifts, subsidies, strong law enforcement support and meaningful volunteerism.
- To reach our goals while honoring our heritage and leaving a legacy of pride and accomplishment.
- To conduct business with the highest level of ethics and conduct, at a reasonable profit, and expecting the same from those who engage in business with us.
- To conduct ourselves as professionals, both as a corporate team and individually, while treating others with complete respect.
- To reward excellence in innovation and customer service.
- To take pride in our work, products, services, and business relationships.